The success of any search engine optimisation depends on the knowledge and skill of the optimiser. How well do you know search engine optimisation? How can you be so sure that all you know about SEO matters? Here are the top 25 SEO myths that you have to be aware of.
Search Engine, Optimisation, Ranking, Myths, SEO, Webmasters, Optimiser, Website Content, Links, Web Directories
You might think you already know everything about search engine optimisation process. Well, think again. Some of the things you know may just be myths. There are several SEO myths that webmasters and search engine optimisers still fail to recognise. What are the SEO myths? Here are the top 25:
1. Search engine optimisation can be performed just by anyone.
2. SEO is only for those websites who sell products online.
3. SEO companies can give their clients a guaranteed top ranking position.
4. SEO gives an overnight result. You can optimise a website today and expect it rank high tomorrow.
5. Build more links irregardless of the quality.
6. It is fine to copy content from other websites and paste it on your own website.
7. There is no need for you to write unique content for your website since you can just syndicate articles from directories.
8. There is no need for further work after you have optimised your website.
9. Search engine ranking is all that matters.
10. The more links the better, quantity matters and not quality.
11. There is no need for a website to be submitted to web directories.
12. A website doesn’t need updated content.
13. The search engines won’t know if you use black hat SEO techniques.
14. Do it yourself SEO is better than hiring SEO professionals – can be true if you are an expert yourself.
15. Web design doesn’t need to be optimised.
16. The navigability of the website has no effect on its search engine ranking.
17. The search engines must be prioritised than the target market.
18. There is no need for testing, once a website is already optimised let it stay that way.
19. Site visitors already know how to browse a website so don’t worry about usability.
20. Flash is the best way to present your message.
21. You can write anything that you want in your website content.
22. There is no need for you to add keywords on the website content.
23. Adding more large-file images on the website makes the site more appealing.
24. It doesn’t matter if the website is slow to load, after all, there are now more broadband users than dial ups.
25. Why still optimise a website when it can still be indexed by the search engines no matter what?
These are the top 25 search engine optimisation myths that both webmasters and search engine optimiser must be aware of. Some of them seem to be like a fact rather than a myth, so be very careful.
Eli Logan is an award winning entrepreneur with more than 15 years of experience emphasizing sales, marketing, and innovation in the Energy, Engineering, Transportation, Motorsports and Face To Face Marketing Industries. Eli is highly innovative with excellent relationship building skills as evidenced by the successful formation and operation of 24 business units resulting in 16.4 Billion in economic impact for his clients.